I have an app which gets folder info and picks a specific JPG to use from
that folder to show as a header for info from that folder.
I started with a blank Image control and when the user selects a folder it
goes to the folder and picks the JPG. I am then using the ImageURL to tell
the page which image to display. I only get that wonderful small gif that
is used to show an non-existing URL.
The page uses AJAX but I put a label showing date time and it is being
At present I am just stuffing the file name (plus folder). And example of
the URL after massaging is :
D:\\My Music\\Classic Rock\\Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings And
Food\\Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings And Food.jpg
The original as provide by System.IO is:
D:\My Music\Classic Rock\Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings And
Food\Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings And Food.jpg
I use the same massaging for MP3 names to play and there is no problem.
When I look at the properties of the image on the page it is:
It seems to have lost most of the information that was provided.