Home     |     .Net Programming    |     cSharp Home    |     Sql Server Home    |     Javascript / Client Side Development     |     Ajax Programming

Ruby on Rails Development     |     Perl Programming     |     C Programming Language     |     C++ Programming     |     IT Jobs

Python Programming Language     |     Laptop Suggestions?    |     TCL Scripting     |     Fortran Programming     |     Scheme Programming Language


 
 
Cervo Technologies
The Right Source to Outsource

MS Dynamics CRM 3.0

Asp.Net Programming

Log Web Browsing Activity


Using .NET 2.0, how can I log/record all Web sites visited from a particular
computer - regardless of the browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, FireFox,
etc).

I would specifically like to record:
1. Domain name (entire specific URL requested - per page)
2. Date/Time of the request
3. local computer name, IP address, etc
4. have this app run as a Windows Service

I know how to record 2, 3, and 4 above, but not #1. Any suggestions are
greatly appreciated.

-S

On Jun 6, 7:29 am, "Bob Johnson" <A@B.COM> wrote:

> Using .NET 2.0, how can I log/record all Web sites visited from a particular
> computer - regardless of the browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, FireFox,
> etc).

> I would specifically like to record:
> 1. Domain name (entire specific URL requested - per page)
> 2. Date/Time of the request
> 3. local computer name, IP address, etc
> 4. have this app run as a Windows Service

> I know how to record 2, 3, and 4 above, but not #1. Any suggestions are
> greatly appreciated.

> -S

I'm not sure that such task should be implemented using Active SERVER
Pages technology

-----------------------------------------------Reply-----------------------------------------------
Why dont you just turn on logging in IIS and use something like AWStats

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"Bob Johnson" <A@B.COM> wrote in message

news:%23aii5u$pHHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

On Jun 6, 4:22 pm, "John Timney \(MVP\)" <x_j@timney.eclipse.co.uk>
wrote:

> Why dont you just turn on logging in IIS and use something like AWStats

> http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

> Regards

> John Timney (MVP)http://www.johntimney.comhttp://www.johntimney.com/blog

He is asking for the browser logging, not IIS (a web site) logging.

-----------------------------------------------Reply-----------------------------------------------
Instead of recreating the wheel you might want to google proxy server.

On Jun 6, 12:29 am, "Bob Johnson" <A@B.COM> wrote:

On Jun 6, 10:36 am, Alexey Smirnov <alexey.smir@gmail.com> wrote:

> He is asking for the browser logging, not IIS (a web site) logging.

Yeah, I wondered about that.
I guess it might make sense if the server in question is the proxy/
firewall that provide access to the web for the client in question.
no ?

I haven't worked on that sort of stuff, but -in that scenario- it
sounds like a simple problem of logging all requests received by the
IIS server (ok, maybe not *all* of them, but just those from a
specific IP, or set of IPs)..

HTH,
F.O.R.

-----------------------------------------------Reply-----------------------------------------------

On Jun 6, 7:35 pm, Olorin <francesco.ri@gmail.com> wrote:

IIS != proxy :-)

-----------------------------------------------Reply-----------------------------------------------
Ah - missed that!

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smir@gmail.com> wrote in message

news:1181140581.443163.55300@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

Add to del.icio.us | Digg this | Stumble it | Powered by Megasolutions Inc