Home     |     .Net Programming    |     cSharp Home    |     Sql Server Home    |     Javascript / Client Side Development     |     Ajax Programming

Ruby on Rails Development     |     Perl Programming     |     C Programming Language     |     C++ Programming     |     IT Jobs

Python Programming Language     |     Laptop Suggestions?    |     TCL Scripting     |     Fortran Programming     |     Scheme Programming Language


 
 
Cervo Technologies
The Right Source to Outsource

MS Dynamics CRM 3.0

C# Programming

Debug.WriteLine not working anymore


For some reason when I use Debug.WriteLine(), it does not send
anything to the output window any more.  I have noticed this in C#,
VB.Net, and in Unmanaged C++.  Any thoughts?
Hi,
check the following link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815788

Regads,
Husam Al-A'aaj

On May 4, 4:02 pm, herc <carto@gmail.com> wrote:

> For some reason when I use Debug.WriteLine(), it does not send
> anything to the output window any more.  I have noticed this in C#,
> VB.Net, and in Unmanaged C++.  Any thoughts?

That has happened to me and I scratched my head for a while before I
realized I had changed the run type from Debug to Release. As long as
Release is selected, all Debug commands are ignored.

-----------------------------------------------Reply-----------------------------------------------
On May 4, 4:56 pm, z@construction-imaging.com wrote:

> On May 4, 4:02 pm, herc <carto@gmail.com> wrote:

> > For some reason when I use Debug.WriteLine(), it does not send
> > anything to the output window any more.  I have noticed this in C#,
> > VB.Net, and in Unmanaged C++.  Any thoughts?

> That has happened to me and I scratched my head for a while before I
> realized I had changed the run type from Debug to Release. As long as
> Release is selected, all Debug commands are ignored.

Good point, but I am seeing this problem across different languages/
projects.  The one I have open right now is in Debug and I don't
believe I am building anything in Release, for this is all internal
use stuff and simply turn off the DEBUG macro in unmanaged C++,
otherwise I ship debug version w/ source, makes finding bugs that much
easier!

Cartoper

-----------------------------------------------Reply-----------------------------------------------

On May 7, 12:57 pm, herc <carto@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 4, 4:56 pm, z@construction-imaging.com wrote:

> > On May 4, 4:02 pm, herc <carto@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > For some reason when I use Debug.WriteLine(), it does not send
> > > anything to the output window any more.  I have noticed this in C#,
> > > VB.Net, and in Unmanaged C++.  Any thoughts?

> > That has happened to me and I scratched my head for a while before I
> > realized I had changed the run type from Debug to Release. As long as
> > Release is selected, all Debug commands are ignored.

Just now, in an Unmanaged C program I called the WinSDK function
OutputDebugString() and still got no output in the debug window.
OutputDebugString() IS the WinSDK call to send things to the debugger
window, in release mode, macro change such that the call to
OutputDebugString() does not happen.

Cartoper

Add to del.icio.us | Digg this | Stumble it | Powered by Megasolutions Inc