Home     |     .Net Programming    |     cSharp Home    |     Sql Server Home    |     Javascript / Client Side Development     |     Ajax Programming

Ruby on Rails Development     |     Perl Programming     |     C Programming Language     |     C++ Programming     |     IT Jobs

Python Programming Language     |     Laptop Suggestions?    |     TCL Scripting     |     Fortran Programming     |     Scheme Programming Language


 
 
Cervo Technologies
The Right Source to Outsource

MS Dynamics CRM 3.0

Perl Programming Language

How to erase Hex value 13 from string?


How to erase Hex value 13 from string?

Perl line :                    $b =~ tr/\013//;
dont work?!

Thanks

Hex value is 0D, decimnal value is 13

"Taomica" <tom@vvv.xls> wrote in message

news:f418ua$na1$1@ss408.t-com.hr...

> How to erase Hex value 13 from string?

> Perl line :                    $b =~ tr/\013//;
> dont work?!

Untested:

$b =~ s/chr(0x013)//;

Cheers,
Rob

Taomica wrote:
> How to erase Hex value 13 from string?

> Perl line :                    $b =~ tr/\013//;
> dont work?!

You missed the /d modifier.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Email: http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl

On Jun 4, 11:40 am, "Sisyphus" <sisyph@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> Untested:

> $b =~ s/chr(0x013)//;

Function calls do not interpolate.

Paul Lalli

Taomica <tom@vvv.xls> wrote:
> Hex value is 0D, decimnal value is 13

>> How to erase Hex value 13 from string?

>> Perl line :                    $b =~ tr/\013//;
>> dont work?!

\013 is octal.  0x0D = 13 = \015.  Better to use \r if you mean carriage
return, though.  And as Gunnar said, you need the d modifier:

$b =~ tr/\r//d;

--
Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

Thanks "It work!!!"
Super.

"Warren Block" <wbl@wonkity.com> wrote in message

news:slrnf68opo.9q7.wblock@speedy.wonkity.com...

"Paul Lalli" <mri@gmail.com> wrote in message

news:1180979670.729542.102720@q66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

> On Jun 4, 11:40 am, "Sisyphus" <sisyph@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>> Untested:

>> $b =~ s/chr(0x013)//;

> Function calls do not interpolate.

I must not reply to usenet posts while inebriated.
I must not reply to usenet posts while inebriated.
I must not reply to usenet posts while inebriated.
I must not reply to usenet posts while inebriated.
.
.
I must not reply to usenet posts while inebriated.
I must not reply to usenet posts while inebriated.
I must not reply to usenet posts while inebriated.

:-)

Cheers,
Rob

Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
>Taomica wrote:
>> How to erase Hex value 13 from string?

>> Perl line :                    $b =~ tr/\013//;
>> dont work?!

>You missed the /d modifier.

You missed the fact that \013 is in octal, not in hex.

And the OP may just have missed that hex "13" is not decimal 13, which
seems like a far more likely candidate to want to delete.

--
        Bart.

Bart Lateur wrote:
> Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
>> Taomica wrote:
>>> How to erase Hex value 13 from string?

>>> Perl line :                    $b =~ tr/\013//;
>>> dont work?!

>> You missed the /d modifier.

> You missed the fact that \013 is in octal, not in hex.

Since you say that *I* missed, I have to ask: Is there a requirement to
cover the whole problem when you try to help here?

I didn't even consider the SEARCHLIST, but I know that you need the /d
modifier to erase characters with the tr() operator, and I chose to call
the OP:s attention to that. Shouldn't I have done so?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Email: http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl

Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
>Since you say that *I* missed, I have to ask: Is there a requirement to
>cover the whole problem when you try to help here?

Well, you suggested that

        tr/\013//d

would solve his problem of deleting the character hex "13", which it
doesn't.

If you don't solve the whole problem, be prepared for corrections.

--
        Bart.

Add to del.icio.us | Digg this | Stumble it | Powered by Megasolutions Inc