Home     |     .Net Programming    |     cSharp Home    |     Sql Server Home    |     Javascript / Client Side Development     |     Ajax Programming

Ruby on Rails Development     |     Perl Programming     |     C Programming Language     |     C++ Programming     |     IT Jobs

Python Programming Language     |     Laptop Suggestions?    |     TCL Scripting     |     Fortran Programming     |     Scheme Programming Language


 
 
Cervo Technologies
The Right Source to Outsource

MS Dynamics CRM 3.0

Scheme Programming Language

Tabs in Chicken


Can anyone tell me why

    (char=? ch #\tab)

is giving me an unexpected list terminator error in Chicken?

Thanks

Bill

"WoodHacker" wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why

>     (char=? ch #\tab)

> is giving me an unexpected list terminator error in Chicken?

I cannot reproduce this error.
I have tried versions 2.5 and 2.603, linux-unix-gnu-x86, without any problems.

Sven

On Mar 28, 12:05 pm, Sven.Hartru@FernUni-Hagen.de wrote:

> "WoodHacker" wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me why

> >     (char=? ch #\tab)

> > is giving me an unexpected list terminator error in Chicken?

> I cannot reproduce this error.
> I have tried versions 2.5 and 2.603, linux-unix-gnu-x86, without any problems.

> Sven

The line is part of a cond clause.   The previous condition is (char=?
ch #\space), which works.    In fact, if I take that one condition out
it all works.     I'm running it on an AMD/64 system.   Latest version
of Chicken - 2.6, linux-unix-gnu-x86-64.    Makes no sense.

WoodHacker <ramsa@comcast.net> wrote:
> The line is part of a cond clause. [...]

Why don't you post the clause?

--
Nils M Holm <n m h @ t 3 x . o r g> -- http://t3x.org/nmh/

"WoodHacker" wrote:
> The line is part of a cond clause.   The previous condition is (char=?
> ch #\space), which works.    In fact, if I take that one condition out
> it all works.

It looks like we need a minimal but complete example
which triggers the error you reported.
Dnia 28-03-2007, sro o godzinie 12:34 -0700, WoodHacker napisal(a):

> The line is part of a cond clause.

I guess the cond clause has mismatched parentheses.

--
   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrc@knm.org.pl
    ^^     http://qrnik.knm.org.pl/~qrczak/

On Mar 28, 4:25 pm, Sven.Hartru@FernUni-Hagen.de wrote:

> "WoodHacker" wrote:
> > The line is part of a cond clause.   The previous condition is (char=?
> > ch #\space), which works.    In fact, if I take that one condition out
> > it all works.

> It looks like we need a minimal but complete example
> which triggers the error you reported.

Well, now I'm embarrassed.    I started to write up this reply by
copying out the procedure the line is in.   I then ran it again to get
the exact error.
The only problem is that now it does not give me the error!!!!   So
help me, I made no changes.     Could something on my system have gone
out of whack causing the problem - which a good night sleep fixed?
I sometimes wonder why I do this.

The code is:

(define parse-start
  (lambda (f)
     (let
       ((ch (read-char f))
        (text ""))
       (cond
        ((eof-object? ch) #f)
        ((= (get-token ch) LETTER) (add-and-continue ch LETTER f
text))
        ((= (get-token ch) NUMBER) (add-and-continue ch NUMBER f
text))
        ((char=? ch #\space) (parse-start f))
        ((char=? ch #\tab)   (parse-start f))))))

Thanks for putting up with me.

Bill

Add to del.icio.us | Digg this | Stumble it | Powered by Megasolutions Inc