Home     |     .Net Programming    |     cSharp Home    |     Sql Server Home    |     Javascript / Client Side Development     |     Ajax Programming

Ruby on Rails Development     |     Perl Programming     |     C Programming Language     |     C++ Programming     |     IT Jobs

Python Programming Language     |     Laptop Suggestions?    |     TCL Scripting     |     Fortran Programming     |     Scheme Programming Language


 
 
Cervo Technologies
The Right Source to Outsource

MS Dynamics CRM 3.0

TCL(Tool Command Language) Scripting

%W in the clock command


Greetings,

I'm using tcl8.5a4 on windows XP

In http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TclCmd/clock.htm#M69 %W is still part
of the "clock" command but doesn't seem to work!

(bin) 7 % clock format [clock seconds] -format %W
can't read "Wweeknumber": no such variable

Has %W been taken out in favor of something else?

/sd

Hi,

sd wrote :

> Greetings,

> I'm using tcl8.5a4 on windows XP

> In http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TclCmd/clock.htm#M69 %W is still part
> of the "clock" command but doesn't seem to work!

> (bin) 7 % clock format [clock seconds] -format %W
> can't read "Wweeknumber": no such variable

> Has %W been taken out in favor of something else?

> /sd

If %W were no more supported, this would have returned "%W" as output,
without raising an error. As error message suggests, this is actually a
bug in Tcl 8.5a4 (but a4 means it's alpha after all ;) )

There was a typo in clock.tcl ($Wweeknumber instead of $WweekNumber).
This has been fixed in cvs on July 30 2006 (rev 1.31 of clock.tcl),
while 8.4a4 has been released in April 2006. 8.5a5 has it fixed.

Eric

> There was a typo in clock.tcl ($Wweeknumber instead of $WweekNumber).
> This has been fixed in cvs on July 30 2006 (rev 1.31 of clock.tcl),
> while 8.4a4 has been released in April 2006. 8.5a5 has it fixed.

> Eric

Thanks you Eric.  That explains it.

/sd

Eric Hassold <hass@evolane.com> writes:
> There was a typo in clock.tcl ($Wweeknumber instead of $WweekNumber).

Mind blowing!  Obviously $Wweeknumber is a typo, but it isn't
the typo I had expected!

Donald Arseneau wrote:
> Eric Hassold <hass@evolane.com> writes:

>>There was a typo in clock.tcl ($Wweeknumber instead of $WweekNumber).

> Mind blowing!  Obviously $Wweeknumber is a typo, but it isn't
> the typo I had expected!

Let me guess: all the VarNames start with their FormatSpecifier
                to make the mapping clear?

uwe

Uwe Klein wrote:
> Donald Arseneau wrote:
>> Eric Hassold <hass@evolane.com> writes:

>>> There was a typo in clock.tcl ($Wweeknumber instead of $WweekNumber).

>> Mind blowing!  Obviously $Wweeknumber is a typo, but it isn't
>> the typo I had expected!

> Let me guess: all the VarNames start with their FormatSpecifier
>         to make the mapping clear?

Not all.  But there are three ways for calculating week
number:  %V, which is what most people want (iso8601WeekNumber)
and %U and %W.  Since %U and %W both calculate week numbers that
don't appear to match any external standards, I couldn't think
of more mnemonic names than UweekNumber and WweekNumber.  They're
pretty obvious in context, since the cases are alphabetised:
%U, %V, %W are right in a row doing UweekNumber, iso8601weekNumber,
and WweekNumber.

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin

Add to del.icio.us | Digg this | Stumble it | Powered by Megasolutions Inc