[28 May 2007]
ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer, version 1.2b1
The InstallJammer Team is pleased to announce the release
of InstallJammer 1.2 beta 1!
This is a beta release of the new 1.2 branch. It includes
lots of bug fixes and new enhancements. This should be a
fairly short beta cycle, so I'm hoping for only a single
beta release before final. Please test thoroughly.
~ What is it?
InstallJammer is a free, open source, multiplatform
GUI installer and builder designed to be completely
cross-platform and function on Windows and most all
version of UNIX with eventual support for Mac OS X.
* A full-featured install builder.
* Installs are packaged in single binary executables for
each platform making web distribution easy.
* Support for multiple install themes.
* Default install themes that resemble popular, commercial
* A high level of configurability.
* Built-in support for Windows and Linux conventions.
* Automatic creation of an uninstaller.
* Easily extended to new platforms.
~ What's New in 1.2
The following is a list of some of the changes in
InstallJammer 1.2. A complete list can be found in
the Release Notes in the documentation. The complete
ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
This is a major enhancement release.
See the Release Notes for full details.
* Added the ability to encrypt installers with a
* Added support for handling zip files from within
an installer. This includes support for unzipping
files on the target system.
* Added the ability to copy-and-paste panes, actions
and conditions in the install builder.
* Added the ability to select which languages an
installer will support instead of just all or none.
* Fixed a bug where an uninstaller did not remember
the settings from its installer.
* Fixed a bug where loading a project with a lot of
files could take minutes to load.
* Many other bug fixes and enhancements.
Downloads are available at:
Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
The InstallJammer Team