Home     |     .Net Programming    |     cSharp Home    |     Sql Server Home    |     Javascript / Client Side Development     |     Ajax Programming

Ruby on Rails Development     |     Perl Programming     |     C Programming Language     |     C++ Programming     |     IT Jobs

Python Programming Language     |     Laptop Suggestions?    |     TCL Scripting     |     Fortran Programming     |     Scheme Programming Language


 
 
Cervo Technologies
The Right Source to Outsource

MS Dynamics CRM 3.0

TCL(Tool Command Language) Scripting

google groups issues ?


(sorry, this is not related to Tcl, but still critical for me to
access c.l.t)

Anyone using Google Groups and witnessing strange things these days ?
I can't seem to have reliable access to recent threads. Symptoms:

    - in the Tree view of a thread, some posts have no counterpart in
the message column
      (see e.g.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/b5cca1...
and try to look at message #9)

    - in the Tree view of a thread, all posts are numbered 1 (though
properly indented)

    - sometimes for a very recent thread, after clicking on the thread
title in the main newsgroup view, I get an error message saying the
thread is empty.

By the way, this also happens on comp.lang.functional.

Am I alone seeing all this ?

-Alex

Alexandre Ferrieux wrote:
> Anyone using Google Groups and witnessing strange things these days ?
> I can't seem to have reliable access to recent threads.
[...]
> Am I alone seeing all this ?

No. The issue seems to be related to differential updates of various
backing servers, and should resolve itself for any particular message in
not too long a period of time.

Donal.

On May 22, 5:21 pm, Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferri@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone using Google Groups and witnessing strange things these days ?
> I can't seem to have reliable access to recent threads. Symptoms:

Well, I'm stuck using Google groups. And I have over the couple of
years of use, have seen a variety of weirdnesses. For instance, until
the last day or two, when I would rate a post, it would also open a
reply to author box!

>     - in the Tree view of a thread, some posts have no counterpart in
> the message column
>       (see e.g.http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/b5cca1...
> and try to look at message #9)

When I look there, at message 9, I see a message column entry numbered
9, from you.

>     - in the Tree view of a thread, all posts are numbered 1 (though
> properly indented)

When I look at this thread, all posts are numbered sequentially

>     - sometimes for a very recent thread, after clicking on the thread
> title in the main newsgroup view, I get an error message saying the
> thread is empty.

I've not seen this.

> By the way, this also happens on comp.lang.functional.

> Am I alone seeing all this ?

I've not seen these problems. Perhaps there is a browser
incompatibility, or a corrupted cache.
On May 23, 1:57 pm, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 22, 5:21 pm, Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferri@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > Anyone using Google Groups and witnessing strange things these days ?
> > I can't seem to have reliable access to recent threads. Symptoms:
> > [...]

> When I look there, at message 9, I see a message column entry numbered
> 9, from you.
> When I look at this thread, all posts are numbered sequentially

Me too, now. It seems to be a temporary state after posting. But it
lasts at least half an hour !

> >     - sometimes for a very recent thread, after clicking on the thread
> > title in the main newsgroup view, I get an error message saying the
> > thread is empty.

> I've not seen this.

After a bit of googling (harder than usual, is it a case of
censorship ?), it seems that dozens of people have seen exactly the
same things, and are still seeing them. See e.g.

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Basics/browse_frm/thread...

My only problem with this, is that I've not found *where* to complain.
Anything like Tracker/Bugzilla site for Google products ? (in the
group above, nobody from Google ever shows up. Just the users in a
climate of self-sustaining disappointment...)

-Alex

On May 23, 1:57 pm, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 22, 5:21 pm, Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferri@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > Anyone using Google Groups and witnessing strange things these days ?
> > I can't seem to have reliable access to recent threads. Symptoms:
> > [...]

> When I look there, at message 9, I see a message column entry numbered
> 9, from you.
> When I look at this thread, all posts are numbered sequentially

Me too, now. It seems to be a temporary state after posting. But it
lasts at least half an hour !

> >     - sometimes for a very recent thread, after clicking on the thread
> > title in the main newsgroup view, I get an error message saying the
> > thread is empty.

> I've not seen this.

After a bit of googling (harder than usual, is it a case of
censorship ?), it seems that dozens of people have seen exactly the
same things, and are still seeing them. See e.g.

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Basics/browse_frm/thread...

My only problem with this, is that I've not found *where* to complain.
Anything like Tracker/Bugzilla site for Google products ? (in the
group above, nobody from Google ever shows up. Just the users in a
climate of self-sustaining disappointment...)

-Alex

On May 23, 1:57 pm, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 22, 5:21 pm, Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferri@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > Anyone using Google Groups and witnessing strange things these days ?
> > I can't seem to have reliable access to recent threads. Symptoms:
> > [...]

> When I look there, at message 9, I see a message column entry numbered
> 9, from you.
> When I look at this thread, all posts are numbered sequentially

Me too, now. It seems to be a temporary state after posting. But it
lasts at least half an hour !

> >     - sometimes for a very recent thread, after clicking on the thread
> > title in the main newsgroup view, I get an error message saying the
> > thread is empty.

> I've not seen this.

After a bit of googling (harder than usual, is it a case of
censorship ?), it seems that dozens of people have seen exactly the
same things, and are still seeing them. See e.g.

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Basics/browse_frm/thread...

My only problem with this, is that I've not found *where* to complain.
Anything like Tracker/Bugzilla site for Google products ? (in the
group above, nobody from Google ever shows up. Just the users in a
climate of self-sustaining disappointment...)

-Alex

Add to del.icio.us | Digg this | Stumble it | Powered by Megasolutions Inc